With the huge response for EasyModeller 2.0 - A Modeller GUI for windows (as published in Biomed Central link) and registered downloads more than 1000, I am overwhelmed to release the new version EasyModeller 3.0 but right now only for LINUX (extensively tested in all major releases of UBUNTU, FEDORA, SUSE, MINT and MANDRIVA).
The reason for developing it in Linux is mostly due to the fact that I have completely shifted to Linux (and encourage everyone as well to atleast have it in a dual boot .... as things such as wubi based UBUNTU installations are really a breeze to install and gives you extensive power as a computational biologist) and do most of my work in Linux. LINUX is no more limited to be the GEEKS operating system. Give yourself a taste of the various flavours of Linux.
Let me quickly give you a summary of the new features in EasyModeller 3.0 : A Linux based GUI to Modeller for homology modelling of protein sequences.
- A much enhanced user interface with a step by step guiding instructions in a logical flow for beginners in Homology Modelling.
- Automatic detection of depencies (Modeller and Python) and popup message to warn the user in case they are absent.
- Option to upload unlimited number of user defined templates and also automatic offline search for templates for a given query sequence.
- A much highlighted feature of this version is the "on the fly" modeller script editing for advanced users. Advanced users can now on the fly modify the modeller scripts within the tool to generate fine tuned homology models with additional parameters.
- A much colorful alignment viewer and a simple to use alignment editor.
- An user friendly way to analyze the generated models using inbuilt zoomable Ramachandran plot, zoomable DOPE profile analyzer, pdb optimizer using conjugate gradient and steepest descent with user defined parameters and a simple molecular dynamics as well (based on Modeller scripts itself). Easily calls the default system installed pdb viewers (Rasmol, Pymol or Jmol).
Download Link : EasyModeller 3.0LINUX download
Please see the attached PDF for a detailed description of the features along with an array of screenshots : EasyModeller 3.0 Featurecast.pdf